6 ingredients, average difficulty and serving 8
- Preparation time 20-30 minutes
- 8 small frozen sweet shortcrust tart cases
- 1/2 x 380g can Top ‘n’ Fill caramel
- 1 large banana thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of caramel swirl ice-cream
- 1/3 caster sugar
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped salted peanuts
- Make praline Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place sugar and 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved (don’t boil). Increase heat to medium. Bring to the boil. Cook, without stirring, for 8 to 10 minutes or until deep golden. Remove from heat. Stir in peanuts. Pour mixture, in a thin stream, on prepared tray. Stand at room temperature until set. Break into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan-forced. Place tart cases (in foil) on a baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Place on a wire rack. Remove from foil cases. Cool.
- Spoon 3 level teaspoons caramel into each pastry case. Top each with 2 slices banana and a small scoop of ice-cream. Sprinkle with praline. Serve and enjoy 🙂