This extraordinary dessert consists of Swiss roll covered in sherry, rum, or brandy,topped with layers of jelly, custard, whipped cream and fruits, making it the perfect treat to put on the table on a Aussie Christmas.
- 85g packet port-wine jelly
- 600ml carton thickened cream
- 1/3 cup icing-sugar mixture
- 250g Swiss roll, sliced
- ½ cup sherry, or a liqueur of choice
- 800g can peaches, drained
- 300g packet frozen cherries
- Prepare jelly following packet instructions. Chill until firm. Chop roughly.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream and icing-sugar mixture until soft peaks form. Chill.
- Arrange half the cake slices over the base of an 8-cup serving bowl. Drizzle with sherry.
- Top with half the fruit, half the jelly and half the cream mixture. Repeat with remaining ingredients, finishing with a cream layer. Chill, covered, for several hours or overnight. Serve topped with macadamia nuts (optional)