This beautiful dessert is a wonderful change from the traditional tart. This Peach tart is the perfect combination of buttery crisp pastry and sweet peaches. This tart looks lovely when pulled from the oven, with its pastry all brown and crisp, and the peaches all soft and sweet, with lightly caramelized edges. Excellent served warm with a small scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
Total time: 1 hr 30 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
- 7 tablespoon(s) butter (no substitutions), melted and cooled to room temperature.
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
Brown sugar fillings
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of butter (no substitutions)
- 3 medium peaches peeled and thinly sliced
- Prepare crust: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In medium bowl, stir melted butter with sugar and vanilla until combined. Stir in flour and salt until dough just begins to come together. Press dough into 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Bake crust 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare Brown-Butter Filling: In small bowl, with wire whisk, beat sugar and eggs until well mixed. Beat in flour until blended; set aside.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until melted and a dark, nutty brown but not burned, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Whisking constantly, pour hot butter in steady steam into egg mixture until blended.
- Arrange peach slices decoratively on warm tart shell; pour in brown-butter mixture. Bake tart 45 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool completely on wire rack. Refrigerate any leftovers.