Growing up a in a country’s being the best thing that has happened to my life! My favorite dessert I had growing up was the good old lemon slice! I always loved lemons, and from the first moment i tasted it have loved it ever since!
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 100g butter
- 200g Granita biscuits
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
- 2 cups icing sugar mixture
- 40g butter, softened
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Grease and line a 3cm-deep, 15.5cm x 25cm (base) slab pan (see note). Place condensed milk and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until butter melts.
- Place biscuits in a food processor and process to fine crumbs. Combine crumbs, coconut and 2 teaspoons lemon rind in a bowl. Add hot butter mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Press biscuit mixture into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours or until firm.
- Make lemon icing: Place icing sugar mixture, butter and 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice in a bowl. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Spread icing over slice. Refrigerate for a further 30 minutes or until icing has set. Cut into pieces. Serve
Don’t forget to check out my new blog http://spoonfulofflavours.wordpress.com/