This apple crumble pie recipe is made with fresh apples, berries, cinnamon, and a brown sugar and butter topping. This old fashioned Apple Crumble recipe is a tasty and economical dessert. Can be served warm or cold and prepared in less than an hour. Delicious! Light and fluffy, with just a touch of old-time goodness. The perfect healthy dessert for the dinner table!
- Melted butter, for greasing
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 500g box Creative Gourmet frozen Mixed Berries
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup natural muesli
- 125g butter, chilled and chopped
- Thick natural yoghurt or vanilla ice-cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 6-cup (about 5cm deep) ovenproof dish with melted butter.
- Place apples, water and caster sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes until very tender. Stir in frozen berries. Spoon mixture into prepared dish and gently smooth the top.
- To make the crumble topping, place flour, brown sugar and muesli in bowl. Rub in the butter until roughly crumbled. Evenly sprinkle crumble over berry mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until topping is golden. Serve with thick natural yoghurt or vanilla ice-cream.
- You can use any combination of Creative Gourmet frozen berries in this crumble.
Don’t forget to check out my new blog http://spoonfulofflavours.wordpress.com/