Preparation time: 15 to 30 minutes
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- 1/2 cup of custard powder
- 1 1/2 cups of cream
- 2-2 1/2 cups of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- 1teaspoon of butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- hot water
- Place puff pastry on lined oven tray. Pic with fork and bake for 10-15 minutes at 220 Celsius
- Put sugar, custard powder and cream into saucepan and stir over a medium heat until it starts to thicken.
- Add milk 1/2 a cup at a time and whisk continuously until the custard is custard.
- Let everything cool slightly. Place in a 22cm square tin, pastry, custard, pastry the icing
- Icing: Placing the sugar, butter and vanilla in a bowl and add enough hot water to make thin to medium textured icing.
Best after 12-24 hours in the refrigerator but can be eaten in as 3 hours.